Thursday, November 10, 2011

Back to School and Eating Healthy? This is some kind of joke.

So apparently I had the longest back to school transition period known to man, because I haven't blogged since early August.  But here it goes.

The last few weeks I have been on a healthy kick.  I have a bet with my friend Laura Marquez that I can lose twenty pounds by Christmas.  The problem is, as you all know, that I love to cook and eat.  But i wasn't going to let that stop me.

Without further adieu, here is the best whole wheat Banana Pancakes recipe that I have tried.  Sorry mom, it's better than yours.  But yours are great.

Pat's Favorite Bananapancakes (sorry for no space, but the amount of "a"s looks more impressive without).

There is one alteration you should absolutely make to the recipe!  Separate the egg and stir the yolk in with the other wet ingredients, but beat the white to firm peaks and fold into the batter once everything else is incorporated.

There is a second alteration that is optional.  Add an extra banana.  The recipe as called for doesn't have a ton of banana flavor, fyi.  That may be good for some people, but I like it with two.


Enjoy my friends.

BTW, it doesn't take much to eat healthy.  I started working out and eating healthy two and a half weeks ago and I have lost six pounds.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment