Thursday, July 28, 2011

Smart Phones and Smart Cooking



Have you ever gone to the grocery store and spent a bunch of money on food Wednesday, and by Friday, "There's nothing to eat in this house?"  Me too!  I don't think it's because of an actual lack of food, but simply because our culinary creativity is gone by the end of a day at work or school.

Well check out Recipe Search.  It's an app that allows you to type in a few ingredients that you have on hand, and returns recipes you can make with those ingredients.

I entered "celery" and "gravy,"  and the first results were Beef Roulade, and Shepherd's Pie.  If you really want to dip your celery in gravy, go ahead, but I think I'd prefer the Roulade!

There are lots of other features too, like forums and a place to store your recipes.  Best of all it's free and helps you cut down on your wasted food.  Let me know how it works for you by commenting below.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to try out that app during the school year when my student budget kicks in and trips to the grocery store become less frequent! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete